The Ekiti State police command has confirmed the death of one of its men in the fracas that occurred in Igbara Odo community in Ekiti South West Local Government Area of Ekiti State, on Friday, by youths of the town.
This is just as the police have restored normalcy to the place and also enforced a dusk to dawn curfew imposed on the community by the state governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, who visited there with the Commissioner of Police, Mr Abdullahi Chafe, in the wake of the crisis on Friday night.
Confirming the loss of a policeman in the crisis, the Public Relations Officer of the Ekiti Police Command, Mr. Alberto Adeyemi, said his body had been deposited in the morgue.
Adeyemi also announced that three arrests had been made in connection to the crisis and added that “mobile and conventional policemen have been deployed in the area to maintain peace and also ensure strict compliance with the curfew.
He said normalcy has returned to town “but the monarch cannot return to the palace now because the place was gravely vandalised by the rampaging youths.”
According to him, since the monarch was rescued out of the place by our men, he cannot return to the palace now because they spoilt so many things and destroyed property there.”
Youths in Igbara Odo, alleged to be officials and members of Federation of Igbara Oke Students Union (FISU) had attacked the palace of the Arajaka of Igbara Odo, on Friday, claiming that he had not properly accounted for the money raised in their community celebration.
Share This Post