Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo has told reporters that “nothing is impossible” following a Portuguese media story claiming he could be the subject of an €180 million bid this summer.
Ronaldo is considered the leading contender to win the 2017 Ballon d’Or after his double strike in last weekend’s 4-1 Champions League final victory over Juventus, crowning what has been an outstanding end to the campaign which brought 16 goals in the last 10 games as Madrid also sealed a first La Liga title since 2012.
A Bola then claimed on its cover this week that “clubs like Manchester United, Monaco or Paris Saint-Germain” plus “the multi-millionaires in Chinese football” were preparing “astronomical offers worth €180 million” to convince Madrid to sell the Portugal captain this summer.
– Deportes Cuatro (@DeportesCuatro) June 7, 2017
Asked about the story before flying to Lithuania for Portugal’s 2018 World Cup qualifier on Friday, the 32-year-old replied that “nothing was impossible” as he disappeared inside the airport.
Ronaldo signed a new contract tying him to the Bernabeu until 2021 last November and said at the time that he would then have one more contract left in his career.
Ahead of the Champions League final in Cardiff he told Spanish TV that he still aimed to play for Madrid for another decade.
In January Blancos president Florentino Perez denied a claim made by Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes that a Chinese club had made a €300m offer for the former United and Sporting Lisbon winger.
Mendes had said that an unnamed Chinese club had contacted both club and player — putting on the table the huge transfer fee as well as a more than €100m-per-year salary, but the offer had been rejected as “money is not everything” for his client.
Share This Post